Thursday, March 16, 2017

The (Almost) Final Plan

   Hello, all! This weekend I'm in full prep mode, as I plan to film next weekend. I've decided I'm going use the beach as my main location for filming. I'm leaning towards using a non-linear storyline switching from flashbacks to present day, but filmed all in one location. This is not only easier for me but also I think will aid in the story "coming back full circle", if you will. There will be a short conversation at the beginning of the opening, between Rose and Eden, overlaid with different clips of them having fun on the beach. It will then switch back between Rose and Eden, to just Rose. In my head right now I'm thinking that the clips of just Rose will be occurring in the moments following her funeral. As it's easy for my actress to wear just black, I'm thinking there needs to be more for the audience to be fully aware that this has happened. I'll be thinking about that some more this weekend. Though it's hard for me to put into words what my detailed vision really is, I've attached some very horribly drawn storyboards (that probably won't help to visualize one bit.)

Obviously, my artistic talents cannot be matched.

Are these helping? At all?

12 Years a Slave (2013 dir. Steve McQueen)
    Even though I did construct some storyboards to help me when I start to film, I wanted to research more into how to convey emotion through my shots. I came across a video by CineFix that analyses three clips from various films and goes into immense detail about why they are so impactful and evict so much emotion. I was particularly interested in learning about contrast and layers in the film when the narrator was discussing a very heartwrenching and uncomfortable scene from the film 12 Years a Slave (2013 dir. Steve McQueen). Somehow, I plan to try and utilize this skill in my opening.


Talk soon,
IM
   

No comments:

Post a Comment