Sunday, March 5, 2017

Let's get this show on the road


Manchester by the Sea (dir. Kenneth Lonergan 2016)

And so it begins... After a long couple of months learning techniques, tips, and tricks, the day has finally come to start working on my final project of the year for AICE Media Studies. Through this blog, I plan to record my process of creating a short film opening. So many things are running through my head right now; I've had numerous ideas throughout the year but none of them have really made complete sense. My many years of watching movies will hopefully come in handy now that this project has been given to me. It's exciting yet completely scary that I'll have the opportunity to create original content. I'm very nervous about how this will all come together, but I have faith that it will all turn out alright. Most of my ideas are drama related and involve some sort of character going through a personal tragedy. I'm thinking of doing something very character driven, with less plot importance and more on how I can develop a character in two minutes or less. Mainly, I'm thinking of doing something in the scheme of Manchester by the Sea (2016 dir. Kenneth Lonergan), Moonlight (2016 dir. Barry Jenkins), Whiplash (2014 dir. Damien Chazelle), and Blue Valentine (2010 dir. Derek Cianfrance). All of these films, though completely different in location and plot, are all very much based on the characters and how they interact with the people around them. I'll probably solidify my idea very soon this week, and get started planning exactly what I'm going to do.

Until then,
                   IM

MovieclipsTRAILERS. "Manchester by the Sea Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Casey Affleck Movie."YouTube. YouTube, 24 Aug. 2016. Web. 06 Mar. 2017.

A24Films. "Moonlight | Official Trailer HD | A24." YouTube. YouTube, 11 Aug. 2016. Web. 06 Mar. 2017.

MovieclipsCOMINGSOON. "Whiplash TRAILER 1 (2014) - J.K. Simmons, Miles Teller Movie HD." YouTube. YouTube, 25 July 2014. Web. 06 Mar. 2017.

Hollywoodstreams. "'Blue Valentine' Trailer HD." YouTube. YouTube, 12 Oct. 2010. Web. 06 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment