Sunday, March 19, 2017

Props, Places, and Pretty People.

    Good news! Thankfully my good friends Fabi and Megan have agreed to be in my opening. Megan will be playing Rose, and Fabi will be playing Eden.

Fabi (courtesy of Fabi)


Megan (courtesy of Megan)
  I'm planning to film the majority next Saturday, and then plan from there if anything goes wrong. As I said in my last post, I needed to figure out how to give more context to the fact that Rose has just come from Eden's funeral to the beach. I came up with the idea to create a fake memorial pamphlet for Rose to put into the sand at some point in the opening (which I will then do a closeup of). I think this is an easy and quick fix to my crisis (woohoo!!).
  Since I've done a good amount of research on the technical aspects of filmmaking, I'm gearing my attention more towards aesthetics and mise en scene. I came across an article about color psychology that though did not have a lot of text, provided many screenshots from movies with different color themes. As I'm hoping to evoke a sense of youthfulness, I'm thinking I'm going to use colors like pink, orange, and yellow, with undertones of blues and gray for a dreary, melancholy tone.
  As for my location, I'm thinking Dayna beach is my best option, as it's not as crowded as some others on the coast. Although, Megan did tell me about a cool beach with a lighthouse that I'm going to look into.

I'll be back
IM

About NathalieNathalie Is a Story Fabricator and Storyteller at Heart. She Created Mentorless.com in 2011 to Share Content She Thought Useful to Craft and Nurture Her Storytelling and Creative Skills. To See More about What She Does When She Is Not Here,. "The Psychology of Color in Films: 17 Colors and Their Associated Concepts."Mentorless. N.p., 12 Apr. 2016. Web. 19 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment