Thursday, March 30, 2017

Uh Oh

   A while ago my lovely friend Cassie asked me if I would act for her in her final project for Aice Media (A Level). Today I met up with her so she could show me her storyboards, ideas, and things she would like to convey in her film. While dropping her back at her house, we got into a talk about my film opening and how everything was going. To say the least: I hope I don't regret what I'm about to type. I'll admit, I was not very happy with the footage I was working with when I was editing Monday, and I honestly felt like my original idea had no other purpose than to have some nice shots and a voice over here and there. It felt like no meaning was being conveyed through what I was trying to do. Alas, through a very creative talk with Cassie I've created an outline for a new idea based on my old one.
   I've always dreamed of escaping. I like to say it's in my genes, as both my parents worked for an airline and my Dad still does (fun fact: my parents met on a plane hehe). The idea of going to places completely blind of what to expect, to get lost and explore things out of your comfort zone is something I dream about all the time. Most people my age are thinking just to go out of state to college is a big step, but I want to go out of the country. I think I've always felt a bit out of place with reality, whether that's good or bad I'm not really sure. This is something I want to touch on in my film opening, the idea of a character escaping their life to live a completely new one because they feel out of touch with reality in a way . Rose and Eden are closer than ever but don't really know each other. It's the kind of friendship that doesn't dwell a lot on the past and lives in the now. I imagine they know each other as people, the characteristics that both have and habits. But not really what the other has gone through or is going through in their lives. Both are really closed off from each other in that way, not because they are hiding anything but are disconnected from life. Eden is out of touch with reality. She dreams of escaping to a new location to find connection with people around her. Rose is not concerned she won't live a full and happy life at some point in her life.
   I'll be back soon with more information on this new outlook I have :)

See ya
IM

No comments:

Post a Comment