Sunday, March 26, 2017

Wes Anderson Saves the Day (Sort of)

Spring Breakers (dir. Harmony Korine)
Grease (1978 dir. Randal Kleiner)
   In light of my setbacks on Saturday, I'm thinking I need a more clearer vision of what tone I'm trying to set. I want it to contrast between the happy times of the two girls, but also be sad and dreary of the single scenes with Rose. Today I looked into some scenes from movies with a beach location. Some of my favorites I found was the one from Spring Breakers (dir. Harmony Korine) that I linked in my last post, Grease (1978 dir. Randal Kleiser), and Moonrise Kingdom (2012 dir.Wes Anderson). Wes Anderson uses the camera so beautifully in this beach scene with the two main characters of the film. I love the contrast of steady shots with more unsteady ones. Also the use of color is so cool. Its dark and gloomy, why still having the vibrant pops of color need to keep the shots upbeat.





See ya 
IM



No comments:

Post a Comment